The Momentum team all have such a genuine heart and passion for how life changing a career in tech can be. Their team also believes that these skills should be accessible for everyone and want to help students achieve their dream.
What you'll learn
Our Software Development Immersive course is designed to teach you the skills you need to work as a professional web developer. You will write code every day, focusing on front or back end development. You'll learn the skills you need to contribute on a development team, like conducting code reviews, using Agile planning, giving technical presentations, and pair programming. You'll learn how to think like a programmer and how to use code to solve problems for modern businesses. Each day, you will build on what you have learned, steadily becoming a capable professional developer.
The admissions process
Interested in applying to our Immersive program? It’s an easy 3 step process:
Step 1: Apply online
Apply using the link below.
Step 2: Interview
You will interview with two members of our campus team. The purpose of the interview is for us to get to know you and make sure you are prepared for the course. This is also your chance to get to know us!
Step 3: Enroll
You can expect to hear an admissions decision within a week of your interview. From there, you will make steps to officially enroll.
Tuition for our full-time, in-person, 12-week immersive program is $13,900. This includes instruction, career services, job search preparation, and guest lectures. We require a $1,000 down payment to reserve your seat in the class.
We offer three discounts for community members:
- $1,000 discount to military veterans
- $1,000 discount to members of women-in-tech groups
- $1,000 discount for Code the Dream graduates
Our project-based learning method
Projects are the core of our learning method. Our goals for each project are for you to have fun, help each other, and learn a ton while you write and ship code.
You’ll have daily project assignments, and at the end of the week, you'll do a more complex project, where you’ll take what we’ve learned that week even further. During the last three weeks of the course, you will work with a team of fellow students to design, build, deliver and present a complete application. You'll use everything you’ve learned, and then learn some more. This intensely creative, exciting experience will serve as your jumping off point into your new career, showing employers how far you’ve come in 12 weeks and how much potential you have.
We created all our projects to be:
- real-world applicable: Projects are designed to prepare you for what you will likely work on in a software development job.
- technically challenging: Each project will introduce you to technologies and libraries commonly used in production applications in the industry. You’ll learn how to deal effectively with what you don’t know.
- hands-on: You'll practice being able to understand project requirements, design solutions, estimate and manage the time you need to complete them, make decisions about architecture and feature implementation, write tests, debug, and deploy to a production server. And you'll do it all again and again.
- collaborative: Community is at the heart of everything we do at Momentum. You’ll be working with a mentor, a partner, or a team every day.
Examples of projects include:
- designing and creating responsive websites
- building a database-backed website for a small business
- creating a social messaging platform like Twitter
- constructing an application like Spotify to search for and play music on demand
Career Launch Services
Throughout the Career Launch process, our staff walks students through a curriculum that lays the foundation of understanding job postings, interviews, and hiring processes in the tech industry. We teach you what goes into great portfolios, cover letters, communication in and around technology, and basic project management skills.
Our Career Launch services are a collaborative effort between our staff, alumni, and extended network. We help our grads with the resources they need to navigate different job applications and help them learn to adapt to to fit various opportunities. We’re committed to helping you get where you want to go.